Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Path to postseason

UMASS PATH TO POSTSEASON
UMass will get  a postseason bid now. It's simply a question of which one.
With projected results (W,L, or ?) are based on Jeff Sagarin's predictor from RPI forcast.com
By postseason I mean any tournament happening after the conference tournaments are over - NCAA, NIT, CBI, CIT - I'm guessing a UMass teams with a winning record gets a bid to one of those.
UMass has 29 games on its schedule and at least one A-10 Tournament game (I'm aware that two A-10 teams won't make the tournament, but if this execise is going to be relevant, UMass has to be good enough to make the A-10 Tournament). So a winning record means at least 16 wins.
Currently: 19-9
BEST POTENTIAL RECORD HEADING INTO A-10:21-9
WORST POTENTIAL RECORD HEADING INTO A-10: 19-11
Date - Opponent - (Expected according to Jeff Sagarin's Predictor. A ? is anything game where UMass is given a 40-60 percent chance of winning)

Feb. 29 at Temple, (L)

Mar. 3 vs. Rhode Island, (W)
Prognosis: 
 One projected (W) win . A winning season has been clinched already. I think UMass is likely already in the CBI or CIT. One win I think gets UMass to at least the NIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment